I’ve been at the word building again… I recently agreed to start a symphonic metal band, and have a new found addiction to writing lyrics. So it was only a matter of time before the idea of writing Esperanto lyrics crept into my brain! Especially since the singer has already said she’d be up for singing it!
I’m currently working on a few themes, and some possible imagery and poetic language I could use. And during the process I’ve come up with all sorts of constructed words, so I thought I’d share a few!
I’ll put each in a phrase for ease of understanding.
- Ekstermensigu ĉion alian! = Put everything else out of your mind!
- Ekster = outside
- Menso = mind
- -ig is a suffix meaning “to make/cause <root>” (see previous posts)
- Ŝiaj kruelaj agoj senamigis sin = Her cruel actions, rendered her without love.
- Sen = without
- Amo = love
- -ig (as above)
- Ne donu al ŝi vian amon, ŝi estas korvundema = Don’t give her your love, she is likely to break your heart.
- koro = heart
- vundi = wound/hurt
- -em is a suffix means “has a tendency to <root>” (see previous post)
So it’s like “hurtful” but for the heart!