I fancy some pretty words today. I just have these moods sometimes. I just idly flip through dictionaries or prose, looking for words that jump out at me for some reason. I’ve been slowly getting tired of English (although I recently made a list of favourites, but it took a long search, and I certainly I already knew most of them). Whereas Esperanto has many delights for two reasons: I’m new to it, and you can just make words without a care in the world!!!
So today, I’ll share with you a few things I’ve found.
- Tuj = immediately, right away, at once
- Usage: Ni diris tuj al ili = We told them immediately!
- “uj” is pronounced similar to the “uj” in “hallelujah”
- tujmesaĝo = instant (immediate) message
- Kvazaŭ = as though, as if, in a way
- Usage: Li estis kvazaŭ pikita per ponardo = He was as though stabbed by a dagger
- Laŭ = along, according to, following, by
- Usage: Mi restas tie ĉi laŭ la ordono de mia estro = I remain here according to the order of my master.
- Similar to English, it has many uses, like following along the proper direction of something (river, grain of wood, hair direction).