I gone done made some new words didn’t I?
I managed to find inspiration to add more to my fantasy parody in the making. And that’s mostly owed to a set of very strange and vivid dreams.
Anyways, while I was on a roll, I created a couple words I like:
- “Foriru!” ŝi bojis ĝeniĝbrove. = “Go away!” she barked with a troubled frown.
- ĝeni = to trouble
- ĝeniĝi = to be troubled (see posts about the affix “iĝ”, which is like “to become <root>” or “to be <root>ed”)
- brovo = (eye)brow
- So literally “troubled-brow-ly”
- Li komencis kuri, stumblis, malstumblis, sed tiam falis. = He started to run, stumbled, found his feet, but then fell.
- “mal” is a prefix which reverses the meaning of the word that it goes in front of (see previous posts)
- So “malstumbli” literally means “to un-stumble”. I just love the idea of “un-stumbling”!
Ĝenatajn melojn oni lasu kun iliaj propraj pensoj